Haight's Hangout

From running to music... just a place for random thoughts and observations. No real thinking involved. A short escape from the mundane.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A Nice Little Hike

Lora and I took a nice little hike before dinner. We zigzagged thru the neighborhood between a few ravines and made our way to the shore of Lake Michigan. Once we got there, we watched Bayley (a Portugese Waterdog) avoid the water and just sniff the beach. My old pal (Buffett) was a Yellow Lab and he hated water too...go figure.



Just passed where this pic was taken, is the 'hill' you might have seen on LoraRuns blog. We decided to 'hike' it twice. I would say it is about a 60 degree incline for about 150 yards. Run that a few times and you definitely get your hill work.
We were making our way back and low and behold, we saw three Bambis wandering thru the ravine...



We think we went about 4 miles or so. But Miss 'I bought a new Garmin' had a naked wrist for this little trek. We'll check it next time.

Oh, for those of who are really interested in my boo boo on my finger...

Here it is...

6 Comments:

At May 03, 2006 7:25 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

that finger REALLY looks terrible. plus, it looks like you're givin' people a message! :)

 
At May 04, 2006 8:58 AM, Blogger Haight said...

purely coincidental (cough)

;)

 
At May 04, 2006 9:46 PM, Blogger Reen said...

Yes - I agree! Just what were you doing with that finger? ;-)

 
At May 08, 2006 9:06 AM, Blogger Todd said...

man what are you trying to tell us? At first I was thought you were giving us the finger and that you painted your nails. Later I realised I was wrong. That does not look pleasant at all.

yeah I rarely go with a naked wrist and neither should Lora. If I forgot my garmin I figued I might as well forget my other clothes since I already feel naked.

 
At May 08, 2006 1:05 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Your finger looks so painful. Did YOU try windex?? I love that movie. Thanks for the comment, it made my day.

 
At May 12, 2006 8:28 PM, Blogger Lora said...

Just so you all know....I popped his blood blister. He survived!!! He's ALIVE!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home