Haight's Hangout

From running to music... just a place for random thoughts and observations. No real thinking involved. A short escape from the mundane.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

New shoes....new legs?

Well, I tested out the new shoes. It definitely put me in the right direction.

Tuesday I ran out on the trail with the new trail shoes (New Balance 907) and even though i did have some stiffness in my left shin I think they helped. Definitely not as sore as Saturday. Got back and stretched (a little) and iced and felt fine.

Yesterday, went to the club and hit the treadmill with the other new pair (New Balance 766). Light stretching prior to hopping on and only minor soreness in my right shin. Ironically no pain what so ever in my left shin...weird. Lots of stretching after the run (only 2 miles...remember, kinda like starting over) and felt just fine.

I'm sure it's more than just the change of shoes, but I'm glad there was a noticible difference. I had less than 100 miles on the shoes from before. Maybe less than quality shoe from the previous 4 pairs of the same brand and model (sorry Brooks Addiction). That was the only model shoe I used since I started running.

Hopefully this will get me back up and running, literally. Time to end the winter hibernation and reclaim some of that running prowess I once possessed...that's the part where you chuckle or roll your eyes.

Oh, by the way, since my Boilermakers aren't in the NCAA Tourney, I'm still going to cheer on the Big Ten. Of course, I won't win the pool with this logic, but what the hell.

My Final Four: Iowa vs Memphis.....UCONN vs Ohio State

Final: Memphis vs Ohio State...........winner..........Ohio State

I know I know...but it's only 10 bucks

1 Comments:

At April 05, 2006 12:14 PM, Blogger LeahC said...

oh yes. the big 10 pit of hell! i had 3 big 10 teams in the final four. oh well. one year it'll work and everyone will say that we are geniuses

 

Post a Comment

<< Home