Haight's Hangout

From running to music... just a place for random thoughts and observations. No real thinking involved. A short escape from the mundane.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Update

I'm sure some of you are thinking..."didn't he say he was gonna start running?" or "I thought he was going to try some new healthy thingamajig?"

You're right. So here it is. I'm not really sure why I delay posting these things. Did I mention my middle name was 'procrastinator'?

Anyway. I've been doing what I set out to do. I've been watching what I eat and have been going to the club 3-4 times a week since the new year. Subtract the Bears games and I have been a very good boy :)

My initial plan was to avoid bad carbs. Kinda Atkins meets South Beach for the first couple weeks. Needless to say I have experienced this routine a few times before so I'm pretty educated on the good, bad and ugly of 'nutrition labels'.

Although I've been pretty good as far as the amount of times I go, the running/exercise has been hit or miss in a way. I've been able to get down to the club but just not as routinely as I want. Meaning I'm not following a set program per se. I'm sorta on track with Higdon's Half Marathon novice training schedule. However, for the Sarasota Half it will only get me up to an 8 mile long run by the time the race occurs since I started a bit late. But that 's ok, my goal is to finish without an injury. 3 hours or more...whatever...I'll be in Florida in March. It's a win-win situation.

So here are the 'stats' after 4 weeks of my new attitude:

Weight loss: 16 pounds (might seem like a lot, but look at my past pics)

Miles ran: 26 to date (not including some bike and elliptical)

So there ya go. I think I'm on the right track.

By the way, ran outside for the first time on Saturday. Joined some folks on the lakefront for a couple miles...holy crap it was cold.

In the mean time GO BEARS!!!



7 Comments:

At January 30, 2007 9:10 AM, Blogger LeahC said...

totally with you on the "good except for bears games "

how bout dem bears! (alright is it old yet? never!)

looking forward to seeing you in Sarasota. We'll be doing the 1/2 as well. how long are you kids down there?

 
At January 30, 2007 9:25 AM, Blogger Haight said...

We get down there Saturday before the race....and stay all week.

Email me your time frame :)

 
At January 30, 2007 10:10 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

looks like things are going well!

 
At January 30, 2007 6:22 PM, Blogger Reen said...

16 pounds - Oh men have it so easy! Really - Congrats! Keep up the good work!

 
At January 31, 2007 10:17 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

I received your message, the Black Knight Fleet is leaving the homeport! We will be ready and in time for the superbowl!

 
At February 05, 2007 3:51 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

Sorry, sorry, sorry. This is the new by an italian newspaper:
I Colts, guidati da un grande Peyton Manning, battono i Chicago Bears a Miami (29-17). Bellissima partita in bilico fino alla fine. Decisivi anche i calci di Vinatieri.

 
At February 05, 2007 3:21 PM, Blogger Jason The Running Man said...

Great blog, found you off CRN

 

Post a Comment

<< Home