Haight's Hangout

From running to music... just a place for random thoughts and observations. No real thinking involved. A short escape from the mundane.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Fun game...still a bad team

Yes...I'll live and die Cub blue. A couple days ago I went to my 1st game of the year. That's right, my first. The biggest reason behind not going until the end of September is I'm pretty bitter about how the organization is taking care of it's fans. Since the Cubs are owned by the Tribune Company, they don't see the importance of winning since the ticket turnstyles still give them the big bucks they need. Corporate whores...so to speak.

At any rate, it was a pretty good game with some late inning heroics by Henry Blanco (affectionately known as Hank White). Oh, and as you can see, they were pretty sweet seats.

Bye bye Dusty...










6 Comments:

At September 30, 2006 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In great Cubs fashion - there's always next year.

 
At September 30, 2006 8:48 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Very sweet seats. I'm still a die hard Red Sox fan though...

 
At September 30, 2006 9:27 PM, Blogger Neese said...

spectacular view! i love baseball up close like that, we were able to see an Indians game this year about that close.

 
At October 02, 2006 10:06 AM, Blogger Todd said...

Cubs games are cool. I only went to 2 baseball games this year and it was the 2 cleveland games I saw.

 
At October 02, 2006 11:28 PM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Ya know...of all the cubs games we went to this year...we lost ALL OF THEM.

I'm quite bitter...because we went to 6 or 7 of them.

 
At October 06, 2006 11:44 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

In Italy baseball is not popular at all. Among all those pictures I only know......Haight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home