Haight's Hangout

From running to music... just a place for random thoughts and observations. No real thinking involved. A short escape from the mundane.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Tao of Steve

If you haven't heard of this movie, it's a must see. Basically, it's a 'guy' movie. In the mold of 'Swingers' but in New Mexico. Women will like it too and then say to us, 'Are you guys really like this?' Of course our response will be 'umm, yeah, pretty much.'

Here's a few samplings:

Dex: Do you want to have sex with this woman?
Dave: Definitely.
Dex: Okay, then you're violating the first rule of being Steve.
Dave: Who?
Dex: You must learn to eliminate your desire.
Rick: It's Buddhist.
Dex: I think the Taoists said it first.
Rick: Hey, are we gonna have a seminar or are we gonna play golf?
Dex: Just a short seminar on the elimination of desire, okay? If you're out with this girl and even THINKING about getting laid, you're finished, cuz women can smell an agenda like shit on a shoe.
-----------------
[Dex takes a substantial hit off a bong at 7:30am]
Syd: Would you describe this as a typical morning for you?
Dex: [Trying not to exhale] Hell no. Usually I spend this time cross-training.
-----------------
Rick: This is almost as ridiculous as your sleeping diet.
Dex: That time I lost 30 pounds.
Rick: You also lost your job.
-----------------
Dex: Y'know, no one ever says, "Hey, God, how was your day? What can I do for you, God?" Or, "Hey, God, did you catch Letterman last night?"
Syd: Oh, and I suppose you talk to God like that?
Dex: Always. All the time.
Syd: And what does God say?
Dex: He says, "You know what? I saw Letterman and it sucked."

So if any of these lines made you at least smirk, go out and rent it. It's a very funny script.

Ironically, the lead guy kinda looks like me (at least according to Lora). And by the looks of the movie pic below, that would be me and Lora in New Mexico (soon) ;)


7 Comments:

At August 25, 2006 3:59 PM, Blogger BigFoot Marty said...

Enoyed the Tao of Steve- yes very much Guy..

Also love Fast Times at... being 43 I remememeber seeing summer of 82 when it was in theatres.
Both Godfathers - yes...

also a big fan of Bill Murray comedies... have most of tape now some on DVD...

being a 6'7 280 3:30 marathoner - have to have a sense of humor- especially when other normal sized runners look over their shoulder to see me rollong down the hill at a 1/2 marathon in WV ( look out below)

 
At August 25, 2006 4:04 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Oh. I'm looking for this movie. It looks right up my alley.

 
At August 25, 2006 7:57 PM, Blogger Rose said...

There is nothing I love more than a movie I can smirk through and feel morally superior! Lord knows there are precious few moments like that in real life.

 
At August 27, 2006 1:28 PM, Blogger Neese said...

you do resemble that guy, or that guy resembles you, not sure the correct way to say that?

p.s. my legs are ugly

 
At August 27, 2006 2:04 PM, Blogger Black Knight said...

Waiting for that movies in italian language....I will let you know. Thank you

 
At August 28, 2006 8:28 AM, Blogger Todd said...

that movie is so the truth. Its really an instrustion manual. I should watch it again because I know I been doing everything wrong when it comes to women.

 
At August 30, 2006 2:52 PM, Blogger boatgirl said...

got to your blog from your comments to mine. thanks for the encouragement. if that's what you and your sweetie look like, what a cute couple.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home