Haight's Hangout

From running to music... just a place for random thoughts and observations. No real thinking involved. A short escape from the mundane.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Running and Music and Hiking...Oh My!

Saturday...7am...lakefront running....a success! Although I am pacing a small group, it's a perfect pace for me...for now. We had a 4/1 run/walk for 6 miles. The best thing for me was during the minute of walking, I was able to stretch my shins each time while the group caught up with me (ok, I should be along side my group while running, but they understood that I needed to be a bit quicker). Trust me, it's not like I was trail blazer. Bottom line was that I was able to finish the 6 miles and had no pain. A very good sign indeed.

Later in the afternoon it was back to to my old neighborhood to check out one of the many street festivals in Chicago. 'Summer on Southport' was about 4 blocks of food, beverage, music, trinkets and good people.




Sunday it was off to Wisconsin and do some hiking. Kettle Moraine is about a 1.5 hour drive from Chicago. Lora and I put in 7.5 miles that had some decent terrain. It was a perfect day, although a little breeze would have been helpful near the end.


And to finish off the weekend, the Chicago C.R.U. got together for some grub at FlatTops. It was nice putting some faces/bodies to the blogs. We rock.

RR? Another shot?

9 Comments:

At July 25, 2006 11:14 AM, Blogger LeahC said...

haight-

it was great (!) meeting you and hopefully you'll be able to join us again! the hike looks like fun.

 
At July 25, 2006 12:05 PM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

If I can become a runner, anyone can!!! Just take it slow and easy at first :-)

 
At July 26, 2006 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to meet you Sunday.
And, great job on the run.
The hiking also sounds like fun minus the bugs that I'm sure were there.

 
At July 26, 2006 7:55 AM, Blogger Brooke said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend.

 
At July 26, 2006 12:49 PM, Blogger Todd said...

Well sounds like you are getting back into the game. Stretch your calves. the girl I abosultely love who saved my life a few times said strech the calves if you have shin problems.

Sounds cool you get to be a gorup leader. Are there as many beautiful single girls there as Lora says? I may try to stop by for little while before I head over to Lollapalooza.

 
At July 26, 2006 9:38 PM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Hey...do you run with CARA or another side group?

The TNT group starts over on Wilson just on the other side of the viodoc at Cricket Hill. Perhaps I'll run into you out there?

 
At July 26, 2006 10:27 PM, Blogger SRR said...

Thanks my blogging buddy for the shots! Fun?!

 
At July 28, 2006 11:33 PM, Blogger Toasty said...

Now that's what I call a triathlon .... Hiking, Run, Music and Food .... hmmmm maybe it's a fouratlon or is it quadalon .... What about a HRMF pronounced "herrrumf". It sounds good.

My beer can art is here ...

http://oscar065.blogspot.com/2006/07/friday-night-proof.html

 
At July 29, 2006 9:05 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

A very special week end. Very nice pics! How can I join the group?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home