Haight's Hangout

From running to music... just a place for random thoughts and observations. No real thinking involved. A short escape from the mundane.

Friday, July 21, 2006

It's been a while....

(as sung by Staind)

Last two weeks have flown by....sorta.

Here I sit in an educational seminar for oncologists discussing what they're gonna do for the next annual convention. Important and eduactional but man is it boring...almost robotic. No, I'm not an oncologist. What I do is oversee and support these and many other types of conventions and/or trade shows that utilize any audio, video, lighting, projection, staging and/or data equipment.

Work has been pretty busy this summer. Generally in Chicago, it slows down a bit in July as far as conventions but not this July. Of course this is a good thing, but I feel it's about time for a vacation.

That was the 'flown by' part....here's the 'sorta' part...I'm lazy. Running...biking...weights...nutritian...just lazy. No other way to put it. Throw in a hearty dose of procrastination and that's me.

But I have taken a step in the right direction. A couple of weeks ago I joined Lora with the Chicago Roadrunner's Half Marathon training program. It takes place on the lakefront at 7am on Saturdays. I was kinda pumped for it. The only other time I ran on the lakefront was last summer during our marathon training...but it was only once & I liked it. So I joined one of the run/walk groups since I know I am in no shape to keep a steady run at this time. It did feel good to 'get back out there'. But alas, that was it. I haven't run since. A couple bike rides here and there, but nothing to brag about or consider as 'training'.

So tomorrow I'm back on the lakefront with the training group, but here's the twist. They have a couple people that can't continue due to health issues and they need a couple repleacement pace leaders. Yep, I'm one. So I'll help out with the slow run/walk group (the only one I could have volunteer for). I'll let you know how it turns out.

Maybe this is the kick in the ass I need...

5 Comments:

At July 21, 2006 4:01 PM, Blogger Reen said...

Wow - you too? I'm so jealous! Have a Great time!

 
At July 22, 2006 11:04 AM, Blogger SRR said...

Fun! Being a pace leader. Have you done that before?

 
At July 22, 2006 12:40 PM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Oooh! Come and pace me sometime :)
Glad to see you're getting back in the groove!

 
At July 22, 2006 3:25 PM, Blogger Todd said...

yeah beth either offered that to me or told me I could run with them. I thought it was the second and felt kinda insulted by it. Atleast you can be out there with Lora again even if your not together. your still doing something together.

 
At July 23, 2006 9:46 PM, Blogger E-Speed said...

hope the pace leading goes well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home